With long-standing experience and a thorough knowledge of the EU legislative framework in the field of environmental law, the firm handles all environmental aspects of commercial transactions, such as acquisitions and financing, as well as regulatory and litigation proceedings, environmental assessments and representation in administrative and civil procedures.
Attorneys assist in drafting of contracts that have environmental effects, conduct environmental due diligence, represent companies with environmentally friendly technologies and assist corporations facing problems arising from environmental violations.
We have advised
- One of the largest German scrap steel and metal recyclers and its local subsidiary on various environmental and compliance issues concerning waste management, in negotiating and implementing contracts with subcontractors on waste collection and recycling, on tax issues related to waste collection and waste management
- An international cement clinker producer and its local subsidiary on aspects of Slovene environmental, mining and labour law, on procedural questions in relation to the obtainment of an IPPC permit and greenhouse gas emissions permit, on compliance issues regarding the storage of clinker
- A leading manufacturer of nylon on various environmental and compliance issues concerning cross-border waste shipments, REACH licensing and inspector proceedings related thereto
- On complex environmental issues regarding three landfills for hazardous waste in the M&A transaction including crystal maker
- A municipality on various proceedings before the Environmental Agency, Cohesion Funds and Ministry for Environment with respect to obtaining environmental protection permit for landfill and regional centre for treatment of waste
- A company growing orchids, on several environmental matters concerning the use of geothermal water