Banking and Finance
We advise financial institutions and companies on a broad range of legal issues related to banking and finance matters, including raising capital, complex regulatory capital issues, corporate and financial restructurings, distressed asset management and NPL sales. We have extensive experience in advising foreign clients on cross-border provision of regulated and non-regulated services, securitisations, derivatives (ISDA and related collateral arrangements, preparation of client-specific derivatives agreements), takeover financing and general lending schemes.
Our recent work highlights include innovative work on bank & leasing company-originated securitisations (synthetic and traditional), structured finance deals, security enforcement (including conduct of auctions and sales procedures on behalf of clients), acting for purchasers and sellers of NPLs and various advice on insolvency issues and bankruptcy remoteness. In the Slovenian market, our firm is also recognised for handling the most complex banking and lease-related litigation.
We have advised/acted/represented
- A regional company with respect to increases in capital in the acquired target together with 1 billion euro debt restructuring
- A local bank with respect to the first ever legal bank spin-off in Slovenia thereby creating a private “bad bank” entity
- A creditor on acquisition financing with respect to a privatisation
- On initial public offering of shares of one of the largest Slovenian banks
- Several investors with regard to the purchase of receivables from banks and from the Slovenian “bad bank” entity