Dr. Alenka Berger Škrk, LL.MSenior Associate
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Law, PhD in Law, (doctoral thesis: Limits of principle of the effective judicial protection of the individual within the EU judicial system), 2015
- State Bar Exam, 2008
- Utrecht University, Faculty of Law, LL.M in European Law, 2005-2006 (LL.M “cum laude”, 2006)
- University of Ljubljana, Law Faculty, LL.B “cum laude”, 1999-2004
- Law firm Rojs, Peljhan, Prelesnik & partners, Senior Associate since 2016
- The Supreme Court of the Republic of Slovenia, Higher Judicial Adviser, 2008-2016
- High Court in Ljubljana, Judicial Trainee, 2006-2007
- Notary Andrej Škrk, Notary Public Trainee, 2004
- Effective Judicial Protection in EU Law, Uradni ist Republike Slovenije, Ljubljana, 2015.
- Monatery Compensation for Non-pecuniary Damages: Overview of the Supreme Court Decisions: Harmonisation at the EU level, GV Založba, Ljubljana, 2010.
- drafting eight landmark Supreme Court (Commercial department) decisions, published in “Zbirka odločb gospodarskega oddelka Vrhovnega sodišča RS 2009-2012”; GV Založba, 2013,
- Article “Effet Utile and National Practice: Is There a Room for Improvement?”, InterEULawEast Journal for the International and European Law, Economics and Market Integrations, Vol. I, No. 1, 2014, p. 113-131.
- Article “Right to an Effective Judicial Protection and the Principle of Effectiveness in EU Law”, Pravnik, Vol. 69 (131), No. 3-4, p. 175-209.
- Article “Application of EU Law ratione temporis”, Pravna praksa, No. 29/30, 2009, str. 6.
- Article “Competence to render decisions with regard to fundamental rights in the reformed EU”, Pravna praksa, No. 28, 2008, p. 11.
- Article “EU law and judicial practice”, Pravna praksa, No. 21, 2008, p. 6
- Article “National implementation of the European payment order”, Pravna praksa, No. 20, 2008, p. 10.
- Article “Harmonization of EU contract law”, Pravna praksa, No. 36, 2006, p. 6.
- Supreme Court: Landmark cases in competition law, Seminar for Judges, Portorož, 2015.
- Overview of the jurisprudence regarding Court Register of Legal Entities Act, Seminar for Judges, Čatež, Slovenia, 2013, 2015.
- Lectures at judicial trainee education courses (EU law), High Court in Ljubljana, 2013.
- Non-pecuniary damages and fundamental rights in EU Law, GV Založba Seminar (Non-pecuniary damages: developments and recent trends, Ljubljana, 2011