Our intellectual property clients operate in a wide range of industry sectors, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and healthcare, financial institutions, technology, telecoms, media, sports, consumer goods and retail.
We have extensive experience in relation to intellectual property litigation, transactional work and IP-related agreements. Our experts advise on copyrights, collective authors' and performers' rights, patents, trademarks, know-how protection and licensing.
We have advised/acted/represented
- Foreign automotive group in its acquisition of regional trademarks (including transfer in several jurisdiction);
- Major multinational tobacco company in litigation procedure in relation to TM infringement and compensation of damage exceeding 5 mio EUR;
- Several domestic and foreign companies in different trademark cancellation actions and in UDRP procedures in Slovenia (Arnes) and worldwide (WIPO);
- One of the leading international automotive producers in relation to grey imports;
- Holder of several leading media trademarks regarding license of the trademarks and enforcement of rights under license agreement;
- Several Pharmaceutical companies in patent litigation before Slovenian courts;
Clients about us
"These lawyers are brilliant - they navigated a lot of sensitive and unpleasant situations for us in a very hostile environment, and we are extremely grateful." (about the firm in Chambers Europe 2015).
Matija Testen is one of Slovenia's outstanding IP litigators, bringing his "very prompt and straightforward approach" to a range of complex cases (about him in Chambers Europe 2015).
Tomaž Ilešič regularly advises on IP issues and is appreciated for his quick response times (about him in Chambers Europe 2014).
Whilst primarily known for his IP practice, Matija Testen is also considered to be an important figure in corporate/commercial law. Sources say: "He is accurate and articulate, and able to keep an eye on the bigger picture" (about him in Chambers Europe 2014).