The construction and engineering law practiced by our counsel combines litigation skills with a reality-based understanding of construction projects. We have advised clients on a number of high profile construction projects in Slovenia, including several highway and energy plant transactions.
We diligently pursue the interests of our clients with respect to all construction and real estate-related transactions. Our lawyers offer extensive construction law services to developers, construction managers, contractors and others involved in the construction business. Our construction law services include contract preparation, review, negotiation and administration, general construction law advice and litigation and arbitration of construction law claims.
We have advised/acted/represented
- One of the largest Slovenian banks, regarding financing and construction of the real estate project consisting of building over 100 flats;
- One of the biggest Slovenian real-estate developers on the construction of the real-estate (residential and business) complex in vicinity of Ljubljana centre, which is one of the largest ongoing residential & business construction projects in Slovenia;
- An investor in a litigation against the constructor and engineering company arising out of the construction of one of the largest warehouse and logistics centres in Gorenjska region;
- Public partner on the largest PPP project in Slovenia (sport infrastructure project consisting of the soccer stadium, sports arena and shopping mall), including the preparation of final accounts with the private partner;
- Investor on the construction of the motorway network in Slovenia;
- Various ministries of Republic of Slovenia and other investors (such as medical centres, hospitals, etc.) on a variety of construction projects.
Clients about us
Robert Prelesnik maintains a leading reputation as a go-to lawyer for complex, large-scale project financing, planning and construction matters (about him in Chambers Europe 2015).
Grega Peljhan draws praise from clients for being a "calm, authoritative, accomplished, likeable and knowledgeable" adviser. He focuses on debt restructuring and dispute resolution in the real estate and construction sectors. Recent mandates include assisting Hypo Leasing with the restructuring of ownership and management of several hotels (about him in Chambers Europe 2015).
"I am extremely pleased with the service from Rojs. The lawyers proposed solutions and communicated everything to us well throughout. A top-rate law firm" (about the firm in Chambers Europe 2014).
Department head Robert Prelesnik is noted for his expertise in construction and public procurement matters (about him in Chambers Europe 2014).