Liberalised energy markets are being confronted with increasing regulation and regulative scrutiny. Complex energy legislative framework demands integrated knowledge that we possess. To our clients active in energy markets, such as producers, suppliers, traders, consumers or system operators, banks, financial institutions and others, who seek their business opportunities in energy markets, we render innovative business solutions and help them overcome the challenges of the complex regulative demands.
We advise with regard to the entry into the Slovenian power and gas markets, trading and reporting obligations. We represent clients in disputes regarding the access to the system in front of the Slovenian Regulatory Authority and the Court. We are specialized in the renewables and the Slovenian feed-in support scheme for RES/CHP.
With experience in the field of energy regulative framework, we also give advice on, or assist with drafting the energy regulation. The energy team members of the firm have extensive knowledge and experience on regulatory and corporate/commercial law/ issues in the energy sector. The firm’s energy team members have given lectures on legislative framework of Slovenian energy markets and were active in working groups of various interest groups (such as EURELECTRIC and EUROPEX). The firm's energy team now focuses on advising domestic and foreign corporate clients from different energy sectors (producers, distributors and traders).
We have advised/acted/represented
- Foreign leading energy producer on entering the Slovenian Energy Market and dealing with the regulatory, corporate and other issues and procedures;
- Client on the reorganization of the distribution system operation in Slovenia;
- The owner of the biggest Slovenian gas supplier/oil refinery on different procedures, including restructuring of the members of the group;
- The client in the merger of two largest electricity traders in Slovenia;
- A client on the revision of one of the largest energy investment projects in Slovenia,
- A leading Slovenian electricity trader in a dispute with a foreign electricity trader, regarding the delivery and acceptance of electricity on the basis of EFET Master Agreement;
- A client in a major international arbitration case, regarding a foreign electricity generation investment;
- A world leading company specialised in development, construction and operation of the renewable energy (wind, solar-photovoltaic and biomass) generation capacities, regarding a wind farm project in Slovenia;
Clients about us
"The lawyers are well respected and consistently produce highly valuable advice." (about the firm in Chambers Europe 2015).
"A very responsive team which quickly provides the right solutions in high-value, complicated cases." (about the firm in Chambers Europe 2015).
"I am extremely pleased with the service from Rojs. The lawyers proposed solutions and communicated everything to us well throughout. A top-rate law firm" (about the firm in Chambers Europe 2014).
"I have been absolutely satisfied with the service I have received. The lawyers are really delightful to work with and they are dynamic and creative" (about the firm in Chambers Europe 2014).