Languages: English, Serbian, French, Croatian
Robert earned his Bachelor's degree in Law from the University of Ljubljana in 1994. Shortly thereafter, he studied the UK and EU legal systems at Kingston College, London. He participated in the "Know-How Scheme" of the British Council for the law firm Eversheds, Leeds, UK.
As a senior partner in the law firm he specializes in infrastructure, real estate and construction law, energy, public procurement, privatisation and reorganisation, corporate and commercial law.
He has been advising many domestic and foreign clients from private or public sector and public-private partnerships (promoters, sponsors, financing and public bodies, etc.) on all aspects of infrastructural projects such as procurement, negotiation, financing, project building and operation.
Highlights include advising/representing
- One of the largest Slovenian banks, regarding financing and construction of the real estate project consisting of building over 100 flats;
- One of the biggest Slovenian real-estate developers on the construction of the real-estate (residential and business) complex in vicinity of Ljubljana centre, which is one of the largest ongoing residential & business construction projects in Slovenia;
- Clients, engaged in the PPP project, on the construction of the largest sports complex in Slovenia;
- The Client on the construction of the Slovenian highway network;
- The investor in relation to defects discovered in a hospital building, after the main construction company went bankrupt;
- Foreign leading energy producer in entering the Slovenian Energy Market and dealing with the regulatory, corporate and other issues and procedures;
- The Client on the reorganization of the electricity distribution, electricity sale and trading in Slovenia;
- State Bar Exam, 1997
- University of Ljubljana, Law Faculty, 1994
- Law Firm Rojs, Peljhan, Prelesnik & partnerji, Partner since 1999
- Law Firm Colja, Lipovec, Rojs, Associate and Senior associate, 1994 - 1999
- High Court in Ljubljana, Judicial clerkship, 1996 - 1997
- Eversheds (London, Leeds), 1995
- Law Firm Colja, Lipovec, Rojs, Trainee, 1994 - 1995