Languages: English, German, Serbian, Croatian
Gregor Pajek has joined Rojs, Peljhan, Prelesnik & Partners in 2010 after his LL.M. studies and traineeship at Capital Markets Group at Frankfurt am Main office of Baker & McKenzie. His fields of expertise include mainly banking, capital markets, corporate finance transactions and M&A in which he regularly assists foreign and domestic clients including banks and other financial institutions as well as companies.
Recently, Gregor acted in privatizations, private acquisitions, public takeover offers, debt refinancing and restructurings, acquisition finance, securitisations and structured finance transactions involving debt and equity. Gregor has advised many domestic and international clients.
Gregor is also a member of the permanent list of arbitrators at the KDD - Central Securities Clearing Corporation Ljubljana, the national central securities depository.
Gregor has been ranked as Rising star in the 2016 and 2017 IFLR (International Financial Law Review) in the practice areas of Capital Markets and M&A.
- Institute for Law and Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt, LL.M. Finance, 2008 - 2009; thesis " Strategic Aims and Legal Pitfalls in Acquisition of Distressed Debt: A Comparative Legal Analysis of US, UK and German Financial Restructuring Framework"
- Training at International Institute for Securities Market Development, Securities and Exchange Commission, USA, 2008
- State Bar Exam, 2006
- University of Ljubljana, Law Faculty, LL.B. "cum laude", 2003; thesis “Composition and Effectiveness of Governing Bodies of Banks”, received Award for excellent diploma thesis by University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Law and Best diploma thesis in economics, banking and law by the Bank of Slovenia
- Law firm Rojs, Peljhan, Prelesnik & partners, Partner since 2014
- Law firm Rojs, Peljhan, Prelesnik & partners, Associate and Senior Associate, 2010 - 2014
- Baker&McKenzie, Frankfurt am Main, Capital Markets Group, 2009
- Ljubljana Stock Exchange, Head of Legal in Trading and Exchange Members 2005 - 2008
- High Court in Ljubljana, Judicial Clerkship, 2003 - 2005
- ''Attached is the Agreement, please sign it.'', an article on corporate group (re)financing, Delo - Svet Kapitala, 23.12.2017
- PAJEK, Gregor, KRDŽIČ, Aljoša, ŠUŠTAR, Urh. The chapters on Investing and Fundraising in Slovenia. The Private Equity Review, 5th edition, London: Law Business Research Ltd, 2016.
- PELJHAN, Grega, ŠPORAR, Bojan, PAJEK, Gregor, KRDŽIĆ, Aljoša, IVANČIČ, Jakob. Private mergers and acquisitions in Slovenia, Thomson Reuters: PRACTICAL LAW, June 2016.
- “Why should the legal rules for calculating the proportion of voting rights under the Markets in Financial Instruments Act (ZTFI) and the Takeovers Act (ZPre-1) be harmonized”, Company and Labour, No. 8/2008, GV Založba, Ljubljana
- “Composition and Effectiveness of Governing Bodies in Banks”, Corporate Governance in Slovenia – Legal and Economic Analysis of Companies, Manet collection, Faculty of Law in Ljubljana (2004)
View Gregor Pajek's profile