Languages: English, German, Serbian, Croatian
Bojan Šporar has joined (the then) Colja, Rojs & Partnerji in 2007 after his traineeship at Linklaters and court articling at High Court in Ljubljana.
Bojan advises both corporates and banks primarily on mergers and acquisitions, debt finance and restructurings. He is also active in the capital markets area and advises on general corporate and commercial matters.
The range of transactions on which Bojan has recently advised include: privatizations, private acquisitions, takeover offers, spin-offs, debt refinancing and restructurings, acquisition finance, securitisations and structured finance transactions involving debt and equity.
Bojan has in the past advised many Slovene and international clients including several foreign banking groups, payment services providers, equity houses and strategic investors.
Highlights include advising/representing:
- One of the largest private companies in the region with respect to the acquisition of a Slovenia-based retailer.
- On increases of capital in a target and target group debt restructuring (the restructuring of target’s approximately EUR 1 billion debt was a condition to completion of the initial acquisition).
- A foreign government on Slovenian law aspects of its buy-back of a shareholding in a telecommunications provider.
- A NYSE listed company with respect to local aspects of its sale of the agro-chemical business to a global specialty chemicals company.
- A bank with respect to the first ever legal bank spin-off in Slovenia thereby creating a private “bad bank” entity.
- Local banks and leasing entities on synthetic and true-sale of their (non-performing and performing) loans and loan receivables.
- State Bar Exam, 2007
- University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam Law School, LL.M. (with distinction); thesis "Conglomerate Mergers—Guidance to the Notifying Parties" achieved 9/10 pts, 2004 - 2005
- University of Ljubljana, Law Faculty, LL.B. "cum laude", 1998 - 2003
- Law firm Rojs, Peljhan, Prelesnik & partners, Partner since 2011
- Law firm Rojs, Peljhan, Prelesnik & partners, Junior Associate and Senior Associate, 2007 - 2011
- Linklaters De Bandt, Brussels, EU & Competition Law department, 2005 - 2006
- High Court in Ljubljana, Judicial Clerkship, 2004, 2006 - 2007
- PREMELČ, David, ŠPORAR, Bojan, IVANČIČ, Jakob. Overview of M&A activity, 10th edition of Mergers & Acquisition Review, Law Business Research Ltd, London, August 2016.
- PELJHAN, Grega, ŠPORAR, Bojan, PAJEK, Gregor, KRDŽIĆ, Aljoša, IVANČIČ, Jakob. Private mergers and acquisitions in Slovenia, Thomson Reuters: PRACTICAL LAW, June 2016.
- PREMELČ, David, ŠPORAR, Bojan, IVANČIČ, Jakob. Investment Opportunities in Slovenia. In: Global Mergers & Acquisitions Guide 2016, Expert analysis from leading M&A law firms around the world, New York, The American Lawyer Magazine, January 2016.
- Changes to takeovers legislation in Slovenia, published in IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate 2015 Guide, pg. 3/454
- Chambers Legal Practice Guide: Corporate M&A 2015, co-Author of chapter on Slovenia.
- The American Lawyer's 2016 Global M&A Guide, published January 2016, chapter on Slovenia:Investment Opportunities in Slovenia, co-authored with David Premelc and Jakob Ivancic, pgs. 86-90.
- The American Lawyer's 2015 Global M&A Guide, published January 2015, chapter on Slovenia: Crisis and New Beginnings, co-authored, pgs. 106-110.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Report 2015, International Financial Law Review, Chapter on Slovenia co-authored with David Premelc, published March 2015.
- The Mergers & Acquisitions Review, Ninth Edition, Editor Mark Zerdin (Slaughter and May), Chapter on Slovenia co-authored by David Premelc, Bojan Sporar and Mateja Scuka, 2015.
- The Assets Tracing and Recovery Review, Second Edition, co-Author of XX. Chapter on Slovenia, 2014.
- Increase of M&A Activity in Slovenia, The American Lawyer, October 2014, co-author of the article.
- The Mergers & Acquisitions Review, Eight Edition, Editor Mark Zerdin (Slaughter and May), Chapter on Slovenia co-authored by David Premelc, Bojan Sporar and Jakob Ivancic, 2014.
- Forced march of brands (contribution on conglomerate effects), Putokaz – Protection of Competition in the EU and Serbia, Belgrade (Serbian language).
- Opportunities in Slovenia amid the crisis, The 2013 guide to Mergers and Acquisitions, International Financial Law Review, published March 2013, co-author.
- Global Competition Review: Private Antitrust Litigation 2012, co-author of chapter on Slovenia.
View Bojan Šporar's profile